My First

Okay, so I know it's not really my first but the first never counts right? Ah, my very first blog! invigorating, new and exciting. Well, actually it was a big pain in the ass. It all began when my friend Nicki said "Hey, you should start a blog, it's so fun!" Several hours and a day later I still sit here futzing with things, like, why does the damn font keep changing as I type? I did not ask it to change. And I am still not sure I understand what a widget is or it's use. 
But, alas, here I am... ready to type. Unfortunately I think I must have used what intelligence I had to create the blog and don't feel like I have anything witty to say so today I'll stick with introductions. Obviously I am Jenn, really and truly. I shall call my 8 year old son Fred and his 15 year old sister Ginger. (Hopefully I won't get her confused with the real Ginger, our pet hamster) I figure this way they won't be too embarrassed if someday they realize I've been writing about them. 
I am a single mom which in my opinion is the most challenging career I will ever have. Unfortunately that just doesn't pay the bills. I have not quite yet grasped how such an important job can actually cost me money but oh well. My other career is that of an in-home daycare provider, which, I am confident, will be the source of thousands of future blogs. Because I just can't ever use up all my time (yeah okay) I also volunteer at both an ambulance corps and a fire department as a firefighter/emt, also quite likely going to be the subject of many a fascinating stories.
I am looking forward to having a place where I can talk to myself without people wondering, vent and otherwise just ramble about nothings that will undoubtedly be huge somethings to me at that very moment. But for now nap time is over so let the fun begin!

1 comments:

Nicki said...

Woo hoo! Love the pics, Jenn! Hope you have fun! Can't wait to see more.

Post a Comment