Recap

My work day began today at 7:04 and ended at 5:30. In between were a few hundred "give that back"s, "let go of your...self", "slow down" and "I told you that would happen"s. I have decided that I will go to heaven someday.
Enjoyed a leisurely dinner with Fred and the folks. I need to run to Verizon and Wegmans and then clean up the house since I couldn't bear to do it at 5:30 when I should have. 
It is 6:30 at Verizon. 
7:25...
Me: "There is something wrong with my phone, it freezes...sometimes. My sms texts send themselves 27 times... sometimes. When I am bbm'ing I will press send and the whole chat disappears... sometimes."
The Man: "Really?"
Me: "Uh, nah. I just thought it would be fun to drive over here and wait an hour to yank your chain." I really just said "yes really"
The Man: "Well, your phone is completely up to date."
Me: "Great! Can we fix it anyway since up to date isn't working for me?" Yes, I did say that.
The Man: "Would you like me to save all your contacts? I'm going to have to perform a shut down."
Me: "Nah, I don't mind losing everything. Kidding!"
The Man: "Ok, come back in 5 minutes"
It's 7:40...
7:55 The Man: "Ok, everything's still here, just in your download folder. You'll just need to re-download everything and reset all of your settings and reassign all of your contacts any special ring tones you had."
Me: "Uh, alright. Thanks?"

Quick stop at Kohls with mom and the boy and off to Wegmans. I only need a few things but this is Wegmans so it could be awhile. And it is, cuz I can't find the damn bug spray that has been right next to the sunscreen all summer long. Find it, in the back next to the Raid. Hmm...
Home. Still f&**^*ing with my phone. Half my ring tones are now in a folder that says "protected, cannot use", I can't find my BBM anywhere much less the contacts he saved. All of my ringtones need to be reassigned as well as all the settings for the phone. Argh. 
So, it's 9:30, I'm sitting on the back step playing with my phone and minding my own business. To my left, a flutter in the bushes. "Chippy munk is that you?" Oh shit no it's the skunk I was just saying I hadn't seen yet this year. So I'm leaning over the step peering into the bush waiting for the cute little chipmunk to pop out. SURPRISE! He smiled at me I swear, as I ran backwards up the steps. Son of a &*^%.
It's 10:00. I think my phone is almost back to normal. I sweep, mop the kitchen, empty the garbage, and blog.

Thanks Nicki! I love my new outlet :)

6 comments:

Nicki said...

Oh my goard!!!!! What a crappy day and thank God you didn't get sprayed or attacked!! I never "Peer" for that very reason. Who knows what is lurking! Knowing my luck, it is the boogyman! The phone thing...I would be drunk and screaming at Verizon by now!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! My laptop keeps blinking so I purchased a back up hard drive....it came without a freakin cord! Off to the geek squad someday soon to find out why it is blinking. I am scared of what they will tell me. I am sure it will be something like, "um, your 2 year old computer is wayyyyyyyyyy outdated, on the fritz and here...drop another $800.00 on a new one." Lastly, you are welcome!! =)

JB said...

Can I just say that as I was replying about don't get me started with computers mine just shut down? So, I lost everything I wrote, which was that this is my 3rd in a year, and that all 3 were gone through in a one week span. In one week I scrambled to back up and reload my life. Now I have an HP. When it was 3 months old it started doing funny tricks. As I was thinking perhaps I should be backing up again it crashed. So badly that I couldn't even turn it on. Luckily my girlfriend's hubby is a geek and was able to resuscitate it.I lost all my pictures, and I had a lot. Now I have a WD back up drive and all seems to be okay. It supposedly backs up each night while I am sleeping but I have little faith and usually do it manually!

JB said...

Oh yeah I forgot the part about how Bucket accidentally spilled water in it one day and candle wax the next. So my computer is almost one year old and my keyboard is about 6 months old, with a busted delete button cuz the cat got his claw stuck in it

Nicki said...

You are killing me!!!!!

Veronica Lee said...

Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Great blog.
Have a nice day!!

Nicki said...

RE-Recap time! I am hanging here! What up??

Post a Comment